Tricky Affair Made Easy With Business Listings and Social Media Marketing
If you are working hard in the fiercely competitive business world and not quite achieving the results you wish for then you should reconsider how well your websites rank in the search engines. Business marketing is one thing, wise business marketing< is another. You have your website ready and you have taken in consideration SEO but fact remains, you need more than that to please the authority sites. Business marketing is all about increasing sales and these days indulging in SEO-compliant articles alone is not enough. You need creative and innovative marketing; you need business listings and social media marketing.
Business listings as a form of business marketing
Business listings< are indeed a very tricky territory. You can either get it right or completely miss the target and catch the wrong end of the stick. The key when using business listings as a form of business marketing is attracting the right sort of attention. This is usually partly achieved when you list your business in the leading and ever-growing business directories on the market with a search facility to browse through products or services. Business listings when implemented appropriately can achieve an overnight uplift in visitors and sales.
Why do business listings sometimes prove to be futile?
As a general rule, business listings as a form of internet marketing can take a business right to the top of its niche market but in some distinct cases, business directories have failed to give results.
The most obvious reason for which the above happens is that the business directory has minimal or worse no traffic whatsoever which is why you need to make sure you approach the best business directories well placed in the search engines. Less obvious is the common mistake many online business owners make when undertaking business listings in that they copy and paste the same content from directory to directory which probably comes from their main website.
Each business listing is your distinct window of opportunity to showcase your business and you need to grab it with both hands. There is no short way out of business marketing. You need to do it and you need to do it right. When using business listings, if you can add multiple web links to your business description then do it! If you can afford a million characters then go for it. Write original contents with keywords relating to your business. With the right approach to business listings and as a direct consequence to business marketing, the search engines will grab your page and award it a higher ranking in the search engine results.
Benefits of business listings as a form of business marketing
There are multiple benefits of using online business listings for your company, each one more significant than the other.
- Business listings in the right places increase your online visibility. The increase in the exposure of your business is perhaps directly proportional to the number of visitors to your website. Generally a business directory contains important business information for the benefit of your readers and that is of particular importance because unless people know who you are and what you sell, they won't buy. It does not get any simpler.
- In the cutthroat business world of today, there is a fierce competition in most niche markets so whether you are doing business marketing for pre-workout supplements or electric dog collars; it is not easy to make profit. In fact, it can be most challenging. Business listing in leading directories is perhaps your best shot to take your business name out there.
- Undeniably the cost of running a business these days is high and business marketing can be even more costly. Business listings are a relatively inexpensive and effective way to gain exposure for your company.
- As with any other manual or paper-based system such as the yellow pages, once printed, corrections and changes are not that flexible which implies that unless a new edition is released you will have to make do with your phone number or address printed wrong. Online business listings make it easy for you to add or change the information you wish to provide for your prospective customers anytime, anywhere.
- In the world of today, more than seventy percent of real people use the internet as a means to conduct searches for businesses and with good reasons. People can access it any time and practically anywhere, from home, at school, on their phones and so on. A recent survey shows that more than 640 local searches are done on the internet each second, making local business directories< a great place to start effective business marketing.
- Depending on the business directory you choose to subscribe to, you may be able to target specific keywords or phrases which implies that your business listings will be enhanced to contain specific keywords that draw better search engine rankings. A better search engine ranking in turn draws more customers to your site which is basically the whole point of business marketing. Online business listings is perhaps the most profitable form of business marketing and the more business directories your business is submitted to, the more inbound links your website has which in turn increases its Page Rank.
Social media marketing, how can it help?
Do you have a website that is binging you pennies or less? 1 in 2 online business owners declare that social media marketing has helped to them to generate traffic to their website and increase the sale of their products and services contributing to an exceptional revenue growth. With all of the Facebook and Twitter commentary going on, it is easy to think there is nothing significant on the Web any more but that is not strictly true.
The focus on Twitter and Facebook is understandable, they are nearly universal not to mention accessible almost 24/7 but social media marketing spans further than that. Blogging is today a prominent form of social media marketing used by almost a third of companies in the world. Social media marketing often takes the form of a picture you paint of the general trends using published market information either from free government statistics or paid-for market reports from commercial providers.
Your own contacts and sales records can also be a great social media marketing resources that will do nothing but increase the credibility of your business in the eyes of your customer profile which is basically all you need for effective business marketing.
We've seen what business listings can do for you as a form of business marketing. Social media marketing, on the other hand has the following distinct advantages.
- Social media marketing is perhaps the easiest from of business marketing because it comes along almost naturally. You generate backlinks to your websites without any discernible pattern, exposing your website to large audiences from across the globe relatively free of charge.
- Once successfully mastered, social media marketing guarantees a source of web traffic on top of any traffic you are already receiving from search engines. Undoubtedly it is not easy to increase your search engine traffic but with social media marketing, increasing the traffic to your website strategic business marketing has never been easier.
- If done by yourself, social media marketing is as good as free and your only constraint might be time.
- Social media marketing complements your other efforts. It doesn’t interfere with any of the other forms of business marketing you might use to increase the traffic to your website.
The business world of today is undeniably fiercely competitive. There is the distinct need for you to stay ahead of the game with appropriate and perhaps distinguishable business marketing strategies. Alongside business listings in leading business directories, you need to invest in social media marketing. It is really a shame to let a company, whether online or otherwise, you've worked so hard to build disappear into nothingness just because you could not get your business marketing right with the right sort of business listings and social media marketing.