Spoken Language: English
W3 Website Consulting provides marketing advice and website building for small local businesses. While most small businesses would like a website, many don't fully appreciate how vital it is to expanding their business. Others don't feel they know enough about it and still others have had a website built that has done nothing for their business.
We make the website building painless and effective. We use fixed prices and proven methods to provide cost effective websites that work. We are not constrained by distance and can provide website building services to businesses all over the world.
Small business internet marketing is where your small business needs to be. Here's why: Everything has shifted to the online world. Small business internet marketing will expand your business and reach new customers.
If you aren't using local internet marketing to market your local business, you're leaving money on the table.
Traditional local business marketing methods are no longer enough. On line local business directories are becoming the first place your clients are looking, whether they are at home, at work or on the go.
Here’s some recent research from comScore on internet usage that should be music to local business marketers:
- 59 percent were searching for something in their home area
- 52 percent were searching specifically for a business phone number or address
- Two out of five local searchers (41 percent) were looking for information on a local service in their home area
The comScore study also found that performing a local search drives consumers to take action. A small business website is essential to:
- Leverage new opportunities
- Expand your reach
- Increase your range of products
- Develop new income streams
A successful small business website needs an integrated blend of clean design, local search engine optimised keyword content and an active local business marketing plan.
If any one of these essential ingredients is missing, the site will fail to meet your expectations and will not drive new business your way. It's likely that if you currently have a website, this has been your experience.
We can build you an affordable business website that will improve your business in good times and serve as a buffer against economic downturns in bad times.
Local Internet Marketing
Local internet marketing seems crazy on the world wide web. Many owner don't understand how the internet relates to their business. It does and I can show you how.
Small business owners look at the World Wide Web and think, how on earth does that apply to me? I have a fruit shop, or a dry cleaning business, or a legal practice in the suburbs.
A few years ago, you would have been right. The web really didn't offer much for small business in local marketing. But all that has changed.
With the increasing sophistication of mobile phones and internet applications like Google Maps, there is a serious shift to searching online directories for local services and businesses.
Small local businesses are going to find it very difficult to be found if they are not represented on the internet. And if you can't be found, how will you continue to grow your business?
Local internet marketing may also mean a change in the way you choose to service your customers. Customers are seeking a more interactive range of services. This may be a gap you can fill with new services that suit your small business.
There are many ways to advertise business; internet marketing is just the latest, but it is extremely powerful. To be effective, there are three website essentials for good local internet marketing.
- Good website design is clean and easy to read. Flashing banners, text crawls and animation will add nothing to your local business marketing message.
- You are an expert in your field so describing what you want from a website designer may be way outside your comfort zone. Talk to someone who understands what you need.
- Most Webmasters merely "put up" sites. They may be beautifully designed sites but they do not build traffic (targeted visitors). This is no way to be advertising business. Internet marketing demands customer driven solutions in a way your clients find convenient.
- Keyword focused content is what will drive free search engine traffic to your small business website and build credibility with your clients.
- Small business SEO or search engine optimisation is critical to your local internet marketing success. Local search engine optimisation uses keywords in your website to find relevant content. If you don’t have lots of small business SEO content with relevant keywords, no one is going to find your site or your service.
- Small business SEO is, in its own way, a science. Get it right and you have a successful website/business. Get it wrong and even wads of cash won’t fix it easily.
- For a small business website to be effective in advertising business, internet marketing still needs an active promotion strategy. Promote it at every opportunity through both on-line and off-line methods.
- A small business website, much like your small business itself, grows over time with accumulated marketing effort.
Do It For Me Websites
You are clearly too busy to organise all the details yourself, but you don't want to lose control of the website building process. Call on the Do It For Me experts.
Local business internet marketing is no place for newbies. You will need an expert to build your site so it will have impact in a crowded space. Your nephew isn't going to cut it here, even if he represents talented, inexpensive labor.
With us you will have contact with just one designer who will take care of your Do it for me website from start to finish.
Our Specialist will:
- Consult (as needed) with you to learn more about your business, service, goods, etc., to grow your site as large and as income-producing as you choose
- Research the keywords to bring you the best result for local business marketing
- Write the content using the profitable keywords
- Build the web pages for you
- Keep you informed of new developments in cyberspace and how you can use them
- Optimize your Web pages for higher Search Engines rankings using small business SEO
- Update and add new information to your Web site as needed
- Take care of all the technical stuff for you, from domain renewal to advanced management of Search Engines
- Provide ongoing, specialized advice, as needed, on an hourly basis. You stay in control of your marketing budget
Through Site Build It we provide turn-key Web sites that produce results using the proven Site Build It! system. The result is a top-quality, high-traffic Web site at a competitive price.
Local Business Directory Listings
The internet search engines are expanding their local business directory listings. If you don't have a website for advertising business, internet marketing is still in reach with local search maps.
Haven't used internet maps yet?
The big search engines, like Google and Yahoo are moving to local search using GPS technology. Your local business directory listings should have you at least on the maps.
As more and more people use maps to search for services in their local areas through the internet, it will become vital to have as much information as possible about your business on the maps.
It's free and it's easy. To demonstrate, open a new window and go to www.google.com.au (or Google for any country you are in).
Click on 'MAPS' on the left top menu bar. In the search window that comes up, type in "pizza Hornsby" (or a similar example in your area) and see what comes up.
Nifty, huh? A whole series of coloured bubbles, each representing a pizza business in the area. Click on one of the bubbles and you get a whole range of information about that business.
These are the local business directory listings that people are using now, instead of telephone books.
Local search is becoming a very popular feature of the search engines for advertising business. Internet marketing is far more handy that large paper based directories now that a computer, PDA or an internet enabled mobile is rarely far from hand.
Try it again using your business category. Are you there? No? So how will clients looking for your service find you? If you are there, take the time to list more information on your business for local searchers.
Register your business with the 2 big search engines now:
- Go to http://local.google.com create an account and list your business details following the prompts.
- Go to http://local.yahoo.com You won't need to create an account with Yahoo, but they will call you to confirm your details so expect that call.
Remember, people who use the internet aren't necessarily looking for you, they are looking for the service you provide. If they find your local business their next decision is to decide between the businesses available based on the information provided. This is where having a local link to an information packed website makes sense.
If you have useful, credible information on your site it creates a warm, willing to buy mindset for the consumer. Local search is the next big thing on the internet. Make sure your local business is represented there.