Website ranking is a free tool to check your website ranking, Google Pagerank, Alexa Ranking, Google Backlinks, Yahoo Backlinks, Altavista Ranking, and more.
What is PageRank ?
PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results. It isn't the only factor that Google uses to rank pages, but it is an important one.
In a nutshell, it considers links to be like votes. In addition, it considers that some votes are more important than others. PageRank is Google's system of counting link votes and determining which pages are most important based on them. These scores are then used along with many other things to determine if a page will rank well in a search.
What is Alexa Ranking ?
Alexa collects information from users who have installed an "Alexa Toolbar," allowing them to provide statistics on web site traffic, as well as lists of related links.
Alexa’s traffic rankings are based on the usage patterns of Alexa Toolbar users over a rolling 3 month period. A site’s ranking is based on a combined measure of reach and pageviews. Reach is determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site. However, multiple requests for the same URL on the same day by the same user are counted as a single pageview. The site with the highest combination of users and pageviews is ranked #1.
What is DMOZ ?
DMOZ is the Internet’s largest directory system (over 4 million web sites) and is maintained by human editors. A web site listing in Dmoz can also be an important part of having a web site rank well in Google, because Google uses Dmoz results in it’s own directory.
Advantages of Dmoz :
- Better relevancy than non-human edited Directories and search engines.
- Do not rank, promote or optimize sites, simply a data provider.
Results from AltaVista :
Number of search results as reported by AltaVista.com . Note including / excluding "www." may/ will get you different results. So try both.
Results from AllTheWeb:
Number of search results as reported by AllTheWeb.com . . Note including / excluding "www." may/ will get you different results. So try both.
What are backlinks ?
Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node (Björneborn and Ingwersen, 2004). Backlinks are also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.
- Backlinks from Google means the number of incoming links 'as reported by google"
- Backlinks from Yahoo means the number of incoming links 'as reported by Yahoo! "
- Backlinks from MSN means the number of incoming links 'as reported by MSN "
What is My Website Ranking?
Want to know your Website Ranking? Find out for yourself, just type in your website address/url i.e. www. yourwebsiteaddress .com in the box above and the results will be displayed.
How to Improve Your Website's Ranking?
- Your site should have a clear hierarchy. This means that headings should follow in order from h1 to h2 and so on.
- Have a strong introductory paragraph on your site. This should not only explain what your site is about to new readers but also contain the keywords that you want to focus on.
- All pages on your site should have text links to them, not just graphics. And it helps if those text links say something other than "click here".
- Offer your readers a site map of your site. But make sure that it has less than 100 links per page.
- Make sure your page has a descriptive title tag. I did a search for "Untitled" on Google and came up with more than 11 million hits. Remember that it is possible to show only titles in Google search results, and 11 million is a hard number to rank high among.
- For important content, use text, not images. The search engines bot can't read images.
- Validate your HTML and keep your links current.
- Always write your pages for your readers, not for search engines.
- Submit Your Site to the Right Directories in order to get high quality permanent one-way back link to your site.
What is the Number one key, to the internet marketing puzzle that is recommended by ALL SEO experts?
The Number one key to the internet marketing puzzle that is recommended by ALL the SEO experts is Back link! Permanent one-way direct back links to be exact!
How is the best way to get quality permanent, one-way direct links, you may ask?
Business listing in one of the reputable business directories is the best, fastest and most professional way to build backlinks for your web site business.