Business: Electronics and Electrical, Engineering
As one of the world’s leading engineering companies, we help our customers to use electrical power effectively and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way. ABB operates in around 100 countries around the world and employs about 117,000 people.
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Technology plays a key role for ABB. We have activities all over the world working to develop unique technologies that make our customers more competitive, while minimizing environmental impact.
Sustainability is integral to all aspects of our business. We strive to balance economic, environmental and social objectives and integrate them into our daily business decisions.
ABB operates in more than 100 countries and has offices in 87 of those countries to give its global and local customers the support they need to develop and conduct their business successfully.
At ABB we strive to be competitive because our success and that of all our partners depend on it.
We are determined to meet high moral and ethical standards in performing our work at every level of our organization and in every location in which we operate. We want to achieve success built on the ABB principles of responsibility, respect and determination. We depend on our employees to conduct business with integrity and in full compliance with regulations, local laws and our own corporate policies. Customers, suppliers, shareholders and employees of ABB have a right to expect that we conduct our business in a proper and professional manner.
The ABB Group compliance Web page provides both employees and business partners with information about ABB’s compliance activities, processes and reporting avenues.
The ABB Group Strategy
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. With about 117,000 employees we are close to customers in around 100 countries.
With our technology leadership, global presence, application knowledge and local expertise, we offer products, systems, solutions and services that allow our customers to improve their operations – whether they need to increase the reliability of a power grid or raise productivity in a factory.
Focusing on our core strengths in power and automation technologies, we strive for organic profitable growth. Our global manufacturing base ensures consistent top-quality products and systems – made in ABB – for customers around the world. Our customers have broad and easy access to ABB’s offerings - whether they buy from us directly or through distributors, wholesalers, system integrators or other partners.
Our people work together seamlessly to deliver benefits for our customers. Our way of doing business is values-based, leadership-driven and performance-oriented.
120 years of technological leadership
The history of ABB goes back to the late nineteenth century, and is a long and illustrious record of innovation and technological leadership in many industries.
Having helped countries all over the world to build, develop and maintain their infrastructures, ABB has in recent years gone over from large-scale solutions to alternative energy and the advanced products and technologies in power and automation that constitute its Industrial IT offering.
The ABB Group Products:
- Power Products
- Power Products are the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB's manufacturing network for transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products' performance and extend their lifespan. The division is subdivided into three business units.
- Power Systems
- Power Systems offers turnkey systems and services for power transmission and distribution grids, and for power plants. Substations and substation automation systems are key areas. Additional highlights include flexible alternating current transmission systems (FACTS), high-voltage direct current (HVDC) systems and network management systems. In power generation, Power Systems offers the instrumentation, control and electrification of power plants. The division is subdivided into four business units.
- Discrete Automation and Motion
- This division provides products, solutions and related services that increase industrial productivity and energy efficiency. Its motors, generators, drives, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), power electronics and robotics provide power, motion and control for a wide range of automation applications.The leading position in wind generators and a growing offering in solar complement the industrial focus, leveraging joint technology, channels and operations platforms.
- Low Voltage Products
- The Low Voltage Products division manufactures low-voltage circuit breakers, switches, control products, wiring accessories, enclosures and cable systems to protect people, installations and electronic equipment from electrical overload. The division further makes KNX systems that integrate and automate a building's electrical installations, ventilation systems, and security and data communication networks.
- Process Automation
- The main focus of this ABB business is to provide customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.