Spoken Language: English, French, Japanese
Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals, Proteomics
Clontech Laboratories provides kits, reagents, and services that help researchers explore questions about gene discovery, regulation, and function. As the newest member of the Takara Bio Group, Clontech joins a company that holds a leadership position in the global market and is committed to improving the human condition through biotechnology. Clontech’s mission is to develop high-quality innovative tools and services to accelerate discovery.
Clontech Laboratories Innovation
In order to maintain our position as an industry leader, we foster an environment of collaboration and discovery for our research scientists and with the research community at large. Our scientists are leaders in their fields and publish regularly in leading peer-reviewed journals such as Biotechniques, Science, and PNAS. Clontech holds over 30 patents and offers novel tools for studying gene expression analysis, subcellular localization, apoptosis, and signal transduction. In addition, our scientists have authored guides and publications that are industry standards in technologies ranging from PCR to gene expression profiling to yeast two-hybrid systems.
We actively seek research and business partnerships with industry innovators and leaders. Our research and development efforts have resulted in award winning technologies and the introduction of novel tools to the market. Clontech introduced the first commercially available antibody microarray, a unique tool that allows users to study hundreds of cellular proteins in one experiment. We have also received R&D 100 awards for our fluorescent proteins, apoptosis detection systems, cDNA arrays, tet-regulated gene expression systems, and retroviral expression systems.
Clontech Laboratories Quality
Clontech is committed to understanding and meeting the quality needs and expectations of all of our customers. To guarantee continuous process improvement, we have established a comprehensive quality assurance program to meet our commitment to total customer satisfaction as well as the requirements of ISO 9001:2008. Continuous quality improvement is the responsibility of every employee and we build quality into each and everything we do. To view our ISO 9001:2008 certificate, click here.
Our commitment to service is our commitment to our customers. Our customer service groups interact with all levels of the company to ensure that every process is focused on delivering the highest level of service and satisfaction. Our technical support team is comprised mainly of Ph.D. scientists, including many with years of post-doctoral experience. From order placement to technical support, we meet and exceed industry standards for timely and helpful responses to customer inquiries. We provide custom products, services, and packaging to better suit our customers’ needs. In short, we view every contact point as an opportunity to provide excellent service to our customers.
Takara Bio, Inc.
Takara Bio is part of Takara Holding Company Inc, and represents the biomedical business interests of its parent company. Takara Bio is committed to improving the human condition through biotechnology through three primary areas of focus; developing research tools for the life sciences, gene therapy, and nutraceuticals. Takara has been focusing on biomedical research since it launched the Bio group in 1967.
From its start in manufacture and supply of restriction enzymes in 1979, Takara Bio has positioned itself as a leading company in the Japanese life science market. Takara’s acquisition of Clontech is one of many steps the company is taking to continue to provide innovative tools that allow customers to access technological advancements in the life sciences.
Clontech Laboratories Products
- PCR, RT, qPCR
- Terra PCR Direct Polymerase Mix and Terra qPCR Direct Premix
- DNA Polymerase PCR —Taq PCR Kits, Advantage Polymerase Mix, Advantage PCR Kits
- Real-Time PCR (qPCR) Master Mix—DNA Polymerase, qPCR Direct SYBR, qPCR Premix
- Reverse Transcriptase RT-PCR—Cloning, Library Construction, Gene Expression Analysis
- Sprint™ Dry Master Mixes―Convenient, Room-Temperature Stable
- PCR Accessory Products
- Site-Directed Mutagenesis and Random Mutagenesis Products
- Cloning & Libraries
- PCR Cloning
- Competent Cells
- cDNA Synthesis & Library Construction
- PCR & RACE Ready cDNAs
- DNA, Libraries and Clone Collections
- Total RNA, Human
- Total RNA, Mouse
- Total RNA, Rat
- Total RNA, Master Panels
- Total RNA, Miscellaneous
- Poly A+ RNA, Human
- Poly A+ RNA, Mouse
- Poly A+ RNA, Rat
- Poly A+ RNA, Miscellaneous
- RNA/cDNA Quality Assay Kit
- Universal Reference RNA & cDNA
- RNase Blaster
- Gene Expression Profiling
- One-Step RT-PCR (endpoint)
- Quantitative Real-Time PCR
- One-Step qRT-PCR
- DNA Arrays & Probe Labeling
- Subtractive Hybridization
- Tissue Specific Expression Profiling
- RNA Interference by microRNA (miRNA)
- Mammalian Expression Systems
- ProteoTuner Systems
- Lentiviral Expression Systems
- Tet Inducible Expression Systems
- Adenoviral Expression Systems
- RNA Interference by shRNA
- RNA Interference by microRNA (miRNA)
- IRES Bicistronic Vectors
- Retroviral Expression Systems
- Transfection & Cell Culture
- Additional Mammalian Expression Vectors<
- Stem Cells & Epigenetics
- Stem Cell Support Products
- Transfection Reagents
- Transfection & Cell Culture
- Xfect™ Transfection Reagent
- Tet System Approved Fetal Bovine Serum
- Xfect™ Stem Transfection Reagent
- Calcium Phosphate Transfection Kits/Reagents
- Molecular and Cell Biology Antibodies
- Fluorescent Proteins & Chemiluminescent Reporter Systems
- Fluorescent Proteins by Color
- Fluorescent Proteins by Application
- Fluorescent Protein Overview & Support Products
- Chemiluminescent Reporters
- Antibody Arrays
- Antibody Array – Antibody Microarrays 380 & 500
- Protein Extraction & Labeling Kit
- Protein-Protein & Protein-DNA Interactions
- Matchmaker Overview
- Two-Hybrid Systems
- One-Hybrid Systems
- Yeast Growth Media and Supplements
- Yeast Two Hybrid Libraries
- Antibodies for Matchmaker
- Co-Immunoprecipitation (Co-IP)
- Plasmid Isolation from Yeast
- Yeast Transformation System
- Colony PCR from Yeast
- Protein Expression & Purification
- Mutagenesis Kits
- Bacterial Expression
- Baculovirus Expression
- Protein Purification
- Total Protein Extracts
- Reverse Transcription
- Sprint™ RT Complete Products—First-Strand cDNA Synthesis
- MMLV RT Reverse Transcriptase cDNA Kit— Advantage® RT-for-PCR Kit
- RT-PCR Control Amplimer Sets
- Cell Signaling
- Signal Transduction Products Overview
- Transcription Factors
- Pathway Profiling
- Apoptosis, Cytotoxicity, and Cell Proliferation
- Nucleic Acid Purification
- Nucleic Acid Purification Overview
- RNA, mRNA, and miRNA Purification Products
- PCR Clean-up, Gel Extraction & Dye Terminator Removal Products
- NucleoSpin® Tissue Kits
- Viral Nucleic Acid Purification Products
- BondEX Ethidium Bromide & SYBR® Green Detoxification Cartridges
- Oligo Modification
- Label-ON™ Reagents
Clontech offers a range of products to meet your needs in many life sciences disciplines.
- Clontech provides wide variety of cancer research products for the study of transcription factors, pathway profiling, apoptosis, gene regulation, gene silencing and protein profiling. Various tools offered in our catalog facilitate better understanding of the biology of cancer.
- Cell Biology
- Clontech Laboratories offers a broad range of products for your cell biology research needs. Whether you are looking for tools to monitor proteasome activity in individual cells or whole populations, or for a cell-based reporter for monitoring a Bcl-2 family protein, we have it all.
- Cell Signaling
- Cell Signaling is one of the most widely studied areas of cell biology. Cells communicate through discrete signaling pathways to influence one another’s differentiation, proliferation, secretion, and apoptosis. Recent studies of cell signaling mechanisms have led to a greater understanding of many diseases and to new therapeutic strategies. At Clontech Laboratories, we are dedicated to developing innovative products for researchers to investigate, manipulate, and analyze a multitude of cell signaling processes. (Our product offerings include systems to express and report transcription factors activities; pathway profiling kits; apoptosis kits, and much more.)
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Drug Discovery and Development is a broad field that encompasses many disciplines. Modern Drug development focuses on the discovery of targets and the development of compounds. In recent years, emphasis has been placed on finding new targets by using many of the tools available from the study of Proteomics and Genomics. It has also been aided by the advent of High Throughput Screening (HTS). Clontech offers a number of products that can be used to aid in the discovery and testing of new targets, as well as screening new compounds.
- Clontech products cover many different aspect of immunology related research area such as protein production for antibody generation, protein and antibody purification, cytokine signaling, and blood & autoimmune diseases.
- Stem Cell Research
- Adult and embryonic stem cells hold great promise for research and therapeutic applications. Stem cell identification markers, as well as tools for the isolation, characterization, expansion, and differentiation of stem cells, are essential to effectively characterize and exploit their potential. We at Clontech Laboratories, Inc. are committed to continuous development and support of products with applications in stem cell research.
- The modern study of Toxicology has taken many forms. Classically, Toxicology looks at symptoms, mechanisms, treatments and detection of poisons, especially when related to humans. Research focuses on the dose – how much and for how long – before exposure to a substance results in a toxic effect. By this definition, almost all substances are toxic under the right conditions. Much of current drug discovery activities now involve examining toxicology at the genetic level. Clontech offers a number of products that can be used to study the new fields of Predictive Toxicology and Toxicogenomics.
Clontech Laboratories, Inc., a Takara Bio Company, develops, manufactures and distributes genetic engineering research reagents under the Clontech and Takara brands. Clontech offers a wide range of products including a high-performance line of PCR reagents, RT enzymes, library construction kits, high-throughput PCR cloning kits, and nucleic acid and protein purification tools. These and other products offered by Clontech support a variety of applications including gene discovery and functional analysis, protein expression and purification, plant and food research, and RNAi studies.
- 14503 reads