Spoken Language: English
Business: Financial Services, Investment Banks, Investment Services
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides its products and services to customers, including corporations, governments, financial institutions and individuals. The Company operates in three business segments: Institutional Securities, Global Wealth Management Group, and Asset Management.
Since 1935, Morgan Stanley has served as the preeminent financial advisor to companies, governments and investors from around the world. Use the resources below to learn more about our people, our lines of business, our performance and our heritage.
At Morgan Stanley, we recognize the importance of good corporate governance. Morgan Stanley maintained comprehensive corporate governance guidelines for years before corporate governance became headline news. Morgan Stanley's Board of Directors adopted our Corporate Governance Policies in 1995. For further information regarding Morgan Stanley's Board of Directors and corporate governance at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is one of the world's largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale.
Morgan Stanley Awards and Recognition
- Morgan Stanley Japan Ranks Number One in Annual 'Great Place to Work' Survey
- Morgan Stanley Japan Securities Co., Ltd. won first place in the annual survey conducted by the Great Place to Work Institute Japan, the local arm of the global organization that measures workplace satisfaction.
- Firm Recognized for Record Blood Donations in 2008
- Firm was recognized by the New York Blood Center for collecting more than 2,500 employee donations and having the largest increase in donations for the financial services sector in 2008.
- Morgan Stanley Ranks in Top 10 of Sunday Times' 20 Best Big Companies
- The UK's Sunday Times newspaper published its ranking of "The 20 Best Companies to Work for 2009," its comprehensive guide to the best big workplaces in Britain.
- VolunteerMatch Honors Firm Trio as Employee Volunteer Program 'Champions of the Year'
- VolunteerMatch has honored representatives of the Morgan Stanley Community Affairs team as "Champions of the Year" for their leadership in employee volunteer program management...
- Firm Nets Two of Top 10 in FT/StarMine Ranking of Analysts
- Analysts collected 15 awards in the second annual Financial Times/StarMine World's Top Analysts Awards for the top equity analysts and brokerages.
- HRC Honors Firm With Corporate Equality Award For LGBT Equality Commitment
- The Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality, presented Morgan Stanley with the Corporate Equality Award.
2009 Institutional Securities
- Firm-Involved Deals Net Five ALB Japan Law Awards
- Morgan Stanley was involved in Japan deals which recently won five law awards from Asian Legal Business.
- SEC Filings Find Firm 2008's Most Efficient Trader
- Morgan Stanley was 2008's most efficient trader among the banks, according to a recent review conducted by Financial News. The results ran in the March 16 issue.
- Morgan Stanley Named Structured Product House of the Year
- Energy Risk magazine named Morgan Stanley Structured Products House of the Year 2009 at its recent annual awards ceremony.
- Firm Takes PE LatAm Deal of the Year Award
- Private Equity Latin AmeriThe Financial Times and Mergermarket recently awarded Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners and Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board the Private Equity Latin America Deal of the Year Award.ca Deal of the Year Award
- Firm Takes 2008 NA Portfolio Power Deal of the Year
- Morgan Stanley's work on the May 14 $1.2bn financing for the repowering of the Topaz Power Portfolio took Project Finance magazine North America Portfolio Power Deal of the Year 2008.
- Firm Leads Debt Offerings in 2009
- On the back of significant tightening of recent new issuance in debt capital markets, Morgan Stanley has remained a leader in the industry...
- Firm-led Japan Expressway Deal Wins Innovation Award
- Japan Expressway Holding and Debt Repayment Agency (JEHDRA)'s 30-year Zaito agency bonds recently received the Thomson DealWatch's 2008 "Innovative Straight Bond of the Year" award.
- Firm-Led Transactions Win Best Deal Awards in Japan
- Amid the dearth of equity capital market transactions globally during 2008, Morgan Stanley was successfully involved in Japan's biggest initial public offering and the biggest follow-on deals of the year.
- Commodities Heads Energy Risk Rankings
- Energy Risk Magazine, in its annual Energy Risk Commodity Rankings, named Morgan Stanley Commodities the Top Dealer Overall and Top Electricity Dealer Overall.
- Asiamoney Names Morgan Stanley Best Investment Bank
- Asiamoney magazine, a leading Asia finance magazine and part of the Euromoney group, named Morgan Stanley the Best Investment Bank in Asia for 2008
- Firm Innovation in Structured Note Industry Honored
- Morgan Stanley innovation was recognized with year-end laurels at the mtn-i global awards recently, taking one of 10 Deals of the Year and earning three honors for exceptional performance.
- Firm-Led M&A Deals Honored as Best of 2008 From IDD
- The editors of Investment Dealers' Digest recognized four Morgan Stanley-led transactions among its top deals of 2008.
- Firm Wins Best Global Commodities House 2009
- Morgan Stanley Commodities was named Best Global Commodities House by Euromoney magazine at their 2009 Awards for Excellence dinner in London on July 8.
2009 Investment Management
- Firm Finds 13 on PlanSponsor's 'Most Successful Advisers' List, Finalist for Team of the Year
- PlanSponsor magazine recently announced its annual list of "Most Successful Retirement Plan Advisers" - and Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors took 13 spots across a number of categories.
- Firm Takes 111 of Barron's Top 1,000
- Morgan Stanley's Global Wealth Management Group netted 111 spots on Barron's new ranking, "Top 1,000 Financial Advisors: State-by-State."
- Euromoney Names Morgan Stanley Top M&A House for Brazil
- In recognizing Morgan Stanley, the editors cited the Firm's work on the "mega-merger" between Banco Itau and Unibanco Holdings.
- MSIM Funds Demonstrate Recent Strong Performance
- Several Morgan Stanley Investment Management funds were recently recognized for strong performance by notable publications including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Bloomberg, Associated Press and by Lipper's annual Mutual Funds Awards.