Information Collection and Use
Directory.ac may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at certain points throughout the Website. Depending on the information and/or services you request, you may be asked to provide your name, email address and other information. Once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous to Directory.ac.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide, Directory.ac collects the domain names and IP addresses of its visitors, along with usage statistics and browsing history. This data is used to more efficiently operate Directory.ac's business, promote our products and services and administer the Website. Directory.ac may combine this information with the personally identifiable information it collects.
Registration & Order
In order to submit a site for review, a user must first complete the Submit Site form. During submission or user registration a user is required to give contact information including name and email address. We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which he has expressed interest.
During the submission or user registration, we require information from the user on our submission form or user registration form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and address). This information is used for to contact the user.
In addition to the methods described above, we may also collect information using cookies, web web analytic services or similar technologies. These methods permit us to collect various types of information, including which pages you visit, which of our email messages you read, and other information.
Directory.ac is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Directory.ac knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Directory.ac
We store information that we collect through webserver log files, and via the information provided during the Submit Site form and user registration form, to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that details their characteristics. Consequently, collected information is tied to the users personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the user experience. We DO NOT share your profile with other third parties. Directory.ac may use your information:
- To provide you with personalized content.
- To process and respond to inquiries.
- For the purposes for which you provided the information.
- To improve the content and navigability of the Website.
- To alert you to new Website features, special events, products and services, and to deliver newsletters from which you may opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link within the email. (On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for any reason we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications - these communications are not promotional in nature.)
- In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a sale of our assets including our database, customer information will be transferred.
- To communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user’s wishes.
Directory.ac attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. Our server are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security measures.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site. We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This information includes: page views, unique visitors, browsers, and additional broad demographical data. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Directory.ac contain links to third-party websites. Directory.ac is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Directory.ac Web site.