Spoken Language: English
Business: Resources, Small Business
SCORE the “Counselors of America’s Small Business Owners” is a national association dedicated to helping small business owners form and grow their businesses. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia and Washington D.C., SCORE has 364 chapters in the United States as well as in U.S territories. SCORE is a partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Since its foundation in 1964, SCORE
- Assisted more than 523,000 people in the last year.
- Provided counseling to more than 8.5 million business owners.
- Conducted more than 322,000 counseling sessions.
- Received 3.2 million visitors through its Web site in the last year.
- Helped successful companies, such as Vermont Teddy Bear, Vera Bradley Designs, and Jelly Belly Candy.
- Worked with 12,400 working and retired executive volunteers.
- Helps create nearly 20,000 new small businesses each year.
What Can SCORE Do For You?
SCORE can give you a personal business coach to help you with every step of your business. Whether you are a longtime owner of a floral shop in your hometown or managing a new temporary employment agency—we can be a resource for you.
Here are just a few ways SCORE can help you:
- Receive online mentoring and business advice. ASKSCORE is an online resource that connects you with a personal advisor who can advise you based on specific questions you may have concerning your business. They are available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Find a mentor in your local community. Visit your local SCORE office or set up an appointment with a SCORE mentor. Find your chapter now.
- Participate in a workshop. SCORE offers both online and onsite workshops for business owners beginning their businesses to marketing your business and managing the financial aspects of it.
- Connect you with other SCORE volunteers. With a membership of over 12,000 volunteers, we can refer you to someone who offers a wide range of expertise—from finance to branding and marketing.