Spoken Language: English
Business: Business Services, Outsourcing
BASIC was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Portage, Michigan. Since our modest beginnings, we have grown into one of the largest TPA's of our type and now serve over 9,000 clients in 45 states.
Our staff of over 80 professionals is committed to providing best in class service to both the agents and employers we serve. From our dedicated account representatives, processors, sales staff and management team, we offer an unparalleled experience for those who choose to do business with us.
A unique part of our business model is our Regional Sales Directors. They are located in the various marketing regions that we serve and are available to agents and employers alike.
We offer administrative services for:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- BASIC is a nationally recognized Third Party Administrator specializing in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Every dollar that your employees commit to an FSA saves you the matching FICA payroll taxes (7.65%)
- A mature BASIC Flex plan can yield more dollars in tax savings than the fees spent to administer the plan.
- One of our current FSA customers with 62 participants has a positive cash flow of $6,053.
- You can maximize your tax savings by increasing the total number of FSA participants and average dollar election per participant.
- Employees save 25-40% on each pretax dollar included in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). These dollars are contributed for group health insurance.
- Premiums, out-of-pocket medical, dental/vision and dependent care expenses.
- Gives employers the ability to leverage pretax savings to control premium rate increases and boost employee spendable income
- BASIC is dedicated to providing regulation complaint administration to protect our clients.
- Options available include; BASIC Card, BASIC Flex Limited Purpose (for use with HSAs), BASIC Flex POP and BASIC Flex Self Administration
- BASIC Card makes reimbursements immediate all claims are processed daily, five days a week.
- Check and direct deposit reimbursement.
- A personal account representative is assigned to you and your employees.
- Real time plan activity can be accessed online 24/7.
- Onsite education that results in greater participation
- Multi-media training materials.
- Pricing is based on participation, offering the same advantage to any size group.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- A HRA is a versatile tool for cost control and for developing a more consumer driven health care benefit plan. BASIC is an expert in HRA plan designs, administrative flexibility and high quality administration.
- With the help of your broker or agent, you select a higher deductible health plan and save 15% to 35%.
- From the savings, employers establish HRAs for each covered employee which provides dollars for medical expenses.
- Employees spending money from an HRA tend to consider their health care purchases more carefully. This rewards both the employer in reduced HRA reimbursement and the employee in less out-of-pocket costs.
- One of the first in the industry, BASIC has been providing Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) administration since 2001.
- BASIC can help you design a plan that works for your company's specific situation and culture.
- Flexibility in plan designs that include front end deductibles and carry-overs. We also have the ability to administer HRAs that include a roll-over, dental, Rx only, vision and all Section 213(d) expenses.
- You decide if any dollars left at the end of the year can be carried over to the next year (this can provide an incentive for the employee not to spend it all).
- Full integration with employer Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). Plan design can determine which account pays first and participants only need to submit one claim. Having an HRA and FSA with one administrator saves employers money by eliminating employees being reimbursed twice for the same claim.
- Similar to a FSA, you can pre fund the employees account or prorate deposits into the employees account.
- Continuity of administration if your group changes medical carriers from year to year.
- All claims are processed daily, five days a week.
- Check and direct deposit reimbursements available.
- A personal account representative is assigned to you for individualized service.
- Plan activity can be accessed online.
- COBRA and Retiree Billing
- BASIC's COBRA Administration reduces your risk and frees valuable time and resources, allowing you to focus on your active employees and operations.
- Since 1995, our clients nationwide rest easy knowing that their COBRA administration is being handled consistently and accurately by experts.
- Health Savings Accounts
- You can find an HSA almost anywhere, but if you are looking for Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) Administration with ongoing service and knowledge, then you want BASIC HSA.
- Our consultants work with you and your insurance agent right from the beginning:
- We have plenty of experience with high deductible health plans and designing HSA plans that meet employer needs. Our consultants bring creative ideas to the table. We bring real life examples of how other companies have made a successful transition to a BASIC HSA.
- BASIC offers an almost unlimited number of plan designs:
- BASIC provides several matching options (dollar for dollar, percentage or a mixture). New regulations on employer contributions make the options even greater. A BASIC Flex Limited Purpose plan may be a perfect companion to your BASIC HSA.
- Toll-free technical support included with a BASIC HSA plan:
- Our knowledgeable customer service representatives can answer your account questions as well as specific questions concerning HSAs. This service is the area that our customers most often comment that they couldn’t do without. If an employee has a question regarding eligible expenses or account funding, we are here to help.
- Employees have several ways to pay for expenses:
- Each employee is given a free debit card (as well as check writing abilities) which makes paying for qualifying expenses a snap. If they paid out of pocket for any expenses they can reimburse themselves by simply visiting a branch or ATM and making a withdrawal from their account.
- Our HSA administration fees are very competitive:
- Even with all that we offer we keep our administration fees extremely affordable.
- BASIC Payroll Plus understands everything that's riding on your payroll. Technology is a fundamental part of payroll today. We count on advancements to make lives and jobs easier, but nothing replaces personal service.
- Payroll Processing< is not unique, but BASIC’s service is unmatched. Our customers depend on individualized attention and quick responses to special requests.
- Remote Software is available for those clients that want to pre-run their payroll before sending their data to BASIC. Remote software also gives the employer the ability to run a large variety of reports.
- Online PayrollOnline Payroll is the wave of the future in payroll technology. When employers use direct deposit their payroll becomes virtually paperless. The greatest benefit of our online system is the ability for employers and their CPA to view 13 months of payroll history and reports. Employees may also view and print 13 months of check history.
- BASIC Electronic Timekeeping takes the human error out of payroll. With number key pad or computer time cards employers can use the job punch function for cost reporting.
- HR Support Center, included with BASIC Payroll Plus, your one stop online resource for employee management and work place compliance information.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- BASIC has been serving the FMLA needs of employers since 1994.
- Depth: It is all about the data. We collect it, manage it, administer it and report it.
- Our process is both time tested and flexible to meet your needs.
- We are effective in preventing and solving problems in all types of employers including unionized, medical, decentralized, manufacturing, technology, etc.
- Beginning with the initial employee call-off, we administer all aspects of FMLA allowing you to focus on the strategic development of your workforce. Our FMLA Freedom model collects all unplanned absences directly from employees through the use of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
- FMLA EASE is a high support and compliance model designed to fully manage all types of FMLA events and circumstances after receiving event data from the employer.
- Premium Consolidation
- We handle everything from beginning to end. We take all the necessary steps to manage and consolidate your premiums so you don't have to. All you have to do is notify BASIC of all additions, changes in coverage, and terminations, then we handle the rest.
- BASIC serves as your benefit contact. Notify us by phone, email or online form and you're done.
- We notify all carriers and TPAs of additions, changes in coverage and terminations.
- Provide eligibility updates to carriers.
- Notify over-age and other dependents when coverage ends
- We make managing your benefits a breeze by being the organization behind the scenes.
- Determine effective dates.
- Administer different benefit plans by geographic areas
- All carriers send premium bills directly to BASIC. BASIC reconciles each premium: Medical, Rx Drug, Dental, Optical, Life, Short Term / Long Term, Disability
- BASIC consolidates all the premiums into one easy to read statement.
- Consolidated premium billing reports can be split by group, division or location.
- Employers transfer funds directly to BASIC for premiums.
- BASIC pays each provider on employer's behalf.
- HR Outsourcing/ ASO Services
- BASIC is a Human Resource solution provider. Currently, over 9,000 employers nationally trust BASIC with a wide range of HR responsibilities as a way to manage risk, control cost and improve staff focus and effectiveness.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- With BASIC Human Resources Information System (HRIS) you receive the benefits of integration, flexibility and expertise.
- BASIC Human Resources Information System (HRIS) allows you to manage all aspects of employee HR and benefit information in one centralized location, thereby increasing efficiency and accuracy. Designed and implemented to integrate with BASIC's other HR, benefit and payroll services, HRIS dramatically reduces your workload.
- Through the real-time secure system employees can manage and enroll online for all their benefits annually or when first hired.
- System automatic notification makes it possible for you to efficiently track and manage tasks. The dashboard helps you standardize processes and track work flow across departments and individuals.
- All data within the system is accessible through our advanced reporting options. Advanced reporting provides configuration tools for exporting specific elements of information from the system on a scheduled basis, allowing for easy integration with other systems.
- Allows employees to view plans from different benefit providers, and provides them with a total compensation benefits summary report that includes the coverage they selected and the associated costs.
- Performance Management is much more efficient by allowing you to automate the employee review process and eliminate the need for paper-based review forms.
- Time Off Tracking is a simple, yet powerful mechanism you can use to define how employees earn time off and track the usage of it.
- Applicant Tracking allows you to easily manage the talent acquisition process through one centralized location.
- Wellness Tracking allows you to easily and efficiently administer employee wellness programs.
- Dependent Verification
- BASIC Dependent Audit Administration services can save an employer a significant amount of money by finding and removing ineligible dependents from employer sponsored health coverage. Outsourcing this important task to BASIC allows HR to focus on leadership development and solving important business challenges.
- In 2007, a study by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that the average cost to an employer for health coverage of an employee's dependent was approximately $2,400 per year. This amount has been rising with the cost of health care.
- Studies show anywhere between 3% - 8% of dependents covered by an employer's health plan are ineligible for coverage.
- The return on investment of Dependent Audit Administration is 300% - 600% for the first year.
- In a recent BASIC Dependent Audit, just over 8% of dependents were found to be ineligible. This resulted in over $270,000 of annual cost savings for the client.
- Resources and Expertise: Our proven audit process provides the resources and methodology needed to devote to a dependent eligibility audit. Outsourcing relieves companies from committing to large investments in technology and additional staffing.
- Employee Relations: Dependent Audits can be an anxiety ridden event. By outsourcing, the employer is mostly removed and is less likely to be cast in a negative light.
- HIPAA: While eligibility information doesn't necessarily fall under HIPAA, many companies prefer to err on the side of caution. Outsourcing helps ensure employee privacy.
- BASIC collaborative approach allows our program to be tailored to your company culture.
- BASIC will advise you of the available options for timing, amnesty and communication.
- BASIC will administer the audit process and work with employees through the eligibility, disenrollment and appeal processes.
- BASIC will present a final report with audit data and identify changes made to employee benefit plans.
In addition, we offer BASIC Guru to our agents, which is a proprietary, web based, Agency Information System.
When choosing a Third Party Administrator, we think there are a number of important things that you need to know; especially in today's business environment, there have been a number of our competitors who have sold, merged, or gone out of business.
Certainly, when choosing an Administrator, cost, administrative capability, and flexibility are an important part of the process. An often-overlooked factor is compliance.
When an employer outsources its needs to Third Party Administrator, conventional thinking is that the liability for remaining compliant has been outsourced too. While most all administrators will assume liability for compliance issues, the liability is on behalf of the employer. This means that first responsibility always remains with the employer. This is an important distinction and a critical question for your TPA. BASIC's reputation for making sure administration services follow compliance guidelines is legendary. We will never put our clients at risk in the interest of expedience.
We have flexible operating systems that allow us to tailor most of our services to meet our clients' needs. We will not tell you that we can do something that we cannot do.
BASIC has 20 years of proven experience in our industry with a track record of annual growth that has exceeded 15% a year. Our conservative financial decisions have allowed us to remain independent with little debt while continuously investing in people and technology. Our own internal staff manage IT systems and we have built in redundancy for our technology, including an onsite backup generator that ensures that we are available to you should disaster strike.
We look forward to serving you now and in the years to come.
- 7917 reads