Spoken Language: English
Business: Agents and Agencies, Real Estate
Tomson Burnham is a full service real estate company specializing in Marion and Polk county real estate. Rather than work on a fixed commission basis, Tomson Burnham allows their clients to choose between sliding commissions, flat rates, or hourly rate compensation programs. This unparalleled flexibility allows our clients to choose the program that works best for them, rather than the other way around. At Tomson Burnham we strongly believe the key to a successful real estate transaction is to provide the level of service desired by a client.
Tomson Burnham was founded on the principals of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness. We have an unparalleled record of completed transactions and satisfied customers. Don't take our word for it, talk to our clients and let them tell you how we have performed for them. We think you'll be impressed by what they have to say.
A local boutique brokerage specializing in residential real estate services< for the greater Salem Oregon metro area. Comprehensive neighborhood information and market data is our speciality. View of extensive neighborhood videos, search the MLS listings by merely clicking on a map. Real estate made easy.
Your Salem Oregon real estate listings are just a click away. Whether you are looking for Salem Oregon homes, Keizer Oregon real estate or any of the surrounding towns, the agents at Tomson Burnham can help. If you are looking to buy a home or sell a home, we would love to talk with you about your real estate needs. Please visit our communities page for information to help you make the Salem Oregon metro area your home. Read the Get Real Estate Blog for the most up to date information on foreclosures, short sales, and real estate market conditions.
8 Steps to a Successful Real Estate Purchase in the Salem Oregon Metro Area:
- Get preapproved: Knowing how much you can afford is very important. Make sure to look for properties in your price range. Home sellers are savvy and often will not consider offers if the buyer has not talked with a lender. Showing a seller that you are able to obtain financing and can afford the home can make the difference between winning or losing a home. Tomson Burnham works with several reputable local Salem Oregon area lenders and mortgage brokers to help you get preapproved.
- Interview buyer agents and ask tough questions: Agents vary in expertise and skill. Interview buyer agents and find one that is a good fit for you. Ask agents,
- if a single agent will represent both a seller and a buyer on the same transaction
- if they will show you all of the homes on the Salem Oregon WVMLS that meet your criteria regardless of the commission compensation
- if real estate is their full-time job
- how many transactions they complete a year. A successful full-time agent should complete at least 12 depending on price range.
- how often they will call/email you with new listings
- what is their fee for representation during a for sale by owner transaction
- Know where you agent's loyalties lie: A real estate purchase is a large investment and buyers should make sure that an agent is representing their best interest exclusively. At Tomson Burnham, an individual real estate agent will only represent one side of a transaction to ensure that you as the buyer or seller get the best terms possible.
- Make your home search effective and efficient: Most people have solid preferences in a home, but often can't articulate exactly what they want. This can lead to wasted time looking at homes that don't meet your desires. In order to make the buying process more efficient, Tomson Burnham has an extensive buyer search checklist to help pinpoint what you are looking for
- Make a solid financial investment: Buying a home is an emotional investment. Buyers often make a poor choice when buying a home by stretching themselves to buy a home they really cannot afford. Foreclosure and poor home maintenance are two outcomes of this. Tomson Burnham agents look at home buying as an investment, and we encourage buyers to make wise choices. By asking a lot of questions, we can help to find the home that meets your emotional and financial criteria.
- No home is perfect: Unless you have a home custom built, all properties have flaws. If the thought of remodeling, gardening, or painting are not appealing to you, make sure your purchase reflects that. Decide if you want to pay a higher price for an updated home, or a lower price for a home that needs work. Often times homeowners decide to buy a home that needs updating, but don't have the skills, time or money to take on a remodeling project. Tomson Burnham agents can help you prioritize what is the most important in a home.
- Plan for home maintenance: Regardless of what type of home is purchased, maintenance is required. Home buyers typically budget for mortgage payments, but not home maintenance. Budget at least 1% of the value of your home for maintenance every year. Tomson Burnham agents can help you estimate what your maintenance costs might be.
- Keep informed during the process: Transactions often have complications due to missed deadlines or poor communication between parties. Keeping informed of the status of the transaction will help to mitigate these problems. Tomson Burnham agents have an online transaction management system (TMS) that allows all parties involved in a transaction to access documents, see the calendar for due dates, and needed tasks. With 24/7 access, a client can see what is happening at any time that is convenient for them. We can even burn a CD for you with your entire transaction documents on it for you at closing!
The 7 Strategies for a Stress Free and Successful Home Sale in the Salem Oregon metro area:
- Find an agent compensation plan that works for you: Tomson Burnham agents offer Salem Oregon home sellers flexible payment strategies in the form of hourly rates, flat rate packages, and sliding commission scale to give you the services you desire. We strongly believe in customization as we all know that one size does not fit all.
- Develop a strategy for repairs: Many buyers of homes will request repairs of one kind or another. Tomson Burnham agents work with local Salem area contractors that will bill escrow for you, so that you can get the repairs needed for your home without paying out of pocket.
- Know where your agent's loyalties lie: A home is a large investment and sellers should make sure that an agent is representing their best interest exclusively. At Tomson Burnham we will only represent one side of a transaction to ensure that you as the buyer or seller get the best terms possible.
- Set your price right: Tomson Burnham agents take a market analysis seriously. It is based on a detailed walk-through of your home , current market conditions, and comparable sales. Make sure you base your sales price on a market analysis where the agent has been inside your home not just based on listings pulled off the MLS. Otherwise it is just a "ballpark" and may not be accurate.
- Be educated about the sales process: Transactions often have complications due to missed deadlines or poor communication between parties. Keeping informed of the status of the transaction will help to mitigate these problems. Tomson Burnham agents have an online transaction management system (TMS) that allows all parties involved in a transaction to access documents, see the calendar for due dates, and needed tasks. With 24/7 access, a client can see what is happening at any time that is convenient for them. We can even burn a CD for you with your entire transaction documents on it for you at closing!
- Market effectively and efficiently: The agents at Tomson Burnham take the best ideas for offline marketing and combine them with the best of online marketing to reach all targets for your home. We spend time researching what strategies really work for selling homes. As a result, we do not waste your money on strategies that generate leads for us, but are not effective sales tools.
- Retain an agent who invests in continuous education: Tomson Burnham is not content to have agents who meet the minimum training requirements (15 hours a year) by the state. The agents at Tomson Burnham receive 40 hours of new training every year to make sure they are staying abreast of the latest trends in real estate.
Get Salem Oregon Real Estate Information (Metro area)
Historic homes, new construction, cottages, estates, land, multi-family, or acreage, the real estate agents at Tomson Burnahm, llc want to talk with you about your Salem Oregon real estate needs. We serve home buyers, sellers, investors, first time home buyers, upsizers, downsizers...if you have a local residential real estate need in the metro area, we can assist you.
Salem Oregon Real Estate Listings<
Wanting to have a hassle free homes search? Want to watch the market undisturbed? If you want to search for a new home by looking at a map, address, or just a regular home search you can do all those things on this site. See the available listings by just moving the map to the area you want to look. You won't have to register for anything on our site, other than if you want to save your Salem Oregon home search by map. You have have new listing emailed to you as they hit the market. Hassle free. Your privacy will be respected.
Comprehensive information for Salem Oregon Home Buyers and Sellers.
Salem Oregon Home Buyers
A home purchase can be a stressful and difficult process. We strive to make this process easier for our home buying clients. The Tomson Burnham website has the most comprehensive neighborhood information on the web for our Salem and Keizer Oregon neighborhoods. Detailed neighborhood reports are available to help you feel comfortable with your real estate purchase. Feel free to peruse this information without any type of registration or hassle from our real estate agents.
If you see neighborhoods that interest you, click on the link to see homes for sale JUST in that neighborhood. You can save a home search online, hassle free, or email us and we will get you set up with an immediate WVMLS home search. Tomson Burnham agents don't hassle consumers that just want to see homes for sale. So register and rest assured we will respect your privacy. Give us a call when you are ready to start your search.
Salem Oregon Home Sellers
We recognize that not all sellers want their home sold in the same way. Homes are all different and may require different marketing plans to get that successful sale. We are an innovative real estate brokerage that offers hourly rates, flat rate often called fee-for-service, or traditional commission compensation plans. Flexible Salem Oregon real estate agent compensation plans are an integral part of our business model so that you only get the type of service that you want.
We also recognize that Salem Oregon real estate market conditions are changing constantly. We have detailed market reports available for all of the metro cities of Salem including Keizer, Silverton, Turner, Jefferson, Stayton, Aumsville, Independence, Monmouth, and Dallas. As well as individual neighborhood snapshots for Salem and Keizer Oregon. The agents at Tomson Burnham, llc are truly hyper-local neighborhood experts.
- 7244 reads